Wednesday, February 11, 2009

What's Wrong With Judges?

What's with judges? Why does their power always have to be used to hurt someone? Why can't they do the right thing just because it's the right thing to do? See http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29142654/. These Pennsylvania judges were caught sending juveniles off to camps they personally made money from.



I started paying attention to the law and government when I was very young. I had some knowledge of the Constitution and the Bill of Rights. And I had an idea about what I thought the jobs of judges were.



I thought, and still think, that judges are supposed to be fair and impartial. They are supposed to protect the people from the government. Why is it that when people get power and can do good, they abuse the power? When I was growing up in Texas, judges were sending people to prison for 99 years just for having a joint. How did they sleep at night?

Who cares if a judge has to face re-election or was appointed by some politician. They've got power. They've reached the peak of their profession. Use it to do right. Don't abuse it.

No comments:

Post a Comment